Saturday, December 23, 2017

New technology aims to prevent opioid overdoses

"I think I always knew I was an alcoholic

and always had an addictive personality," Kaden said. "But something in me was curious and I wanted to try something else."
Kaden began stealing drugs from the back of the ambulance, without anyone knowing.
"Back in the ambulance, there was a lot of morphine and different prescriptions I could get my hands on," Kaden said.
Kaden quickly became addicted and moved onto heroin. He had to have it every day until he eventually overdosed at his own house.
"My friends, my brothers, the fire department (all) came to my house and they responded to the 911 call," Kaden said. "They walked in, I was unconscious, I wasn't breathing (and) they gave me something called Narcan. I immediately popped back up and I saw all my buddies and it was pretty embarrassing."
Kaden was fired from his job. His life spiraled out of control.