Friday, October 27, 2017

How One Stranger Things Kid Prepped Another for His Big Kissing Scene



Finn Wolfhard, who stars as Mike, is proud to be

the leader of the young group at the center of the show. He says his on-screen persona has inspired him: “What I love about my character is that he’s loyal and he’s a good leader and loves to help people,” said Wolfhard. “I think Mike is a great role model. He’s always thinking about his friends first, and I try to be like him.”


As viewers begin binge-watching the show, which premiered at midnight P.T. on Netflix October 27, they should expect scares—as well as comic relief. Levy said, “the integration of humor is much more prevalent” this season, largely through Gaten Matarazzo, who plays lovable Dustin.

“It’s cool that I get to say a lot of the jokes. I like to be funny and make jokes and make people laugh in real life,” said Matarazzo at the premiere. “My character is funny, but he’s not being funny on purpose! That’s the difference between me and him, but that’s cool. He also doesn’t care what other people think about him, and that makes him even cooler.”